• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, just introducing myself as a new member. 

My names Ben and I run a vintage coach building company for a living (unless you ask my wife!) and are heavily involved with French prewar marques, partially voisin, Amilcar and Bugatti. But I have always had a soft spot for 50’s Panhard’s db and other derivatives of the period. Anyway along with my colleague we have recently bought two dyna x’s and by a twist of fate an early aluminium bodied z. 

The dyna z, although complete is completely in pieces and we are as yet undecided as to the direction we go with it but, what’s the rush…….

The Dyna x’s however are different beasts altogether. Bought as a joblot, as a punt from eBay with a few spares., one, the early snd complete one turns out to be the ‘49 London and Paris motor show car rhd and with the Early aluminium latticework hubs. This car will be restored, the engine has already been stripped and will soon be going back together. The second car is a later ‘51 and nor complete or in good shape. The plan for this one, to for-fill my want for a aluminium barchetta styled special is going to be realised in the style of the Italian Mille miglia car of I think ‘53? The chassis (which didn’t really exist) has been repaired and modified to take the new body and the running gear has been restored and refitted. Bodywork to commence soon. 

If anyone is interested maybe I will start a thread on both the cars??

We also have surplus to requirements one complete aluminium shell with roof but no other panels. If it’s of use to someone you are welcome to it, if no one wants it I will blast it and hang it on the wall as a work of art! But it’s far too good to go to the scrappy!!

We are also in need of some wheels but I will put a a listing on the for sale/wanted section for these and any other parts we don’t need and may be of use to someone else ( I think we have 4/5 empty engine casings!).
Hi Ben, welcome to the forum, it is good to know that someone is taking care of those Dyna X's. If you need any technical assistance you can always contact the Panhard Club at http://www.panhardclub.co.uk/ we are always willing to help and welcome new members.
Richard.
(09-30-2021, 09:52 AM)dickvick Wrote: Hi Ben, welcome to the forum, it is good to know that someone is taking care of those Dyna X's. If you need any technical assistance you can always contact the Panhard Club at http://www.panhardclub.co.uk/ we are always willing to help and welcome new members.
Richard.
Thanks Richard, membership form is on the desk!
Hi Ben, you wrote,

If anyone is interested maybe I will start a thread on both the cars?

It's pretty quiet on here, but I'm sure people who drop in will be interested. I like the idea of an aluminium bodied special, it was on my Wishlist to do the same with a dead PL17 years ago. Good luck with your restore.

Mike